It won’t do you much good if nobody sees it. So you have several options to get prospects to see your video:
- Broadcast television – very expensive, difficult to track results or target your audience.
- Cable television – less expensive but still difficult to track results or target your audience.
- Upload your video to the web – cheap, easy to track results and your audience can be highly targeted to get much greater response rates.
Even though uploading your video to the web is a great alternative to broadcast television, there are still challenges to overcome.
- Uploading video to your website is just one step to take. It’s cheap to do but only people who come to your website will see it. So, it won’t have much effect in driving new traffic.
- Uploading your video to free hosting sites like YouTube, Blip.TV, Revver, Veoh and many others is another essential step you must take. The problem is that it’s extremely time-consuming & tedious to upload, title, tag and describe each video at each hosting site.
The secret tool that savvy internet marketers use is called web video syndication.
Web video syndication tools allow you to quickly and easily distribute your videos to multiple hosting sites all at once, saving massive amounts of time and money. Even though web syndication will get your video to rank high in the search results this isn’t enough to get highly targeted, high converting traffic. There is one more secret you need to master first.
The real secret to driving highly targeted, high converting search traffic to your website is in using the right key words and phrases.
This means you need to do some serious keyword research to know which words your prospects are actually using to search for your type of content online. No guessing allowed. You’ll also need to know which keywords your competition is using to get search traffic to their sites.
Let’s face reality, if there is too much competition for your choice of keywords then you will probably have a very hard time ranking on page one of Google for those words. Or if you merely guess at what words you think your prospect will use then you’ll likely end up wasting your efforts on words with too little search traffic to see real results.
For example: a client of mine gave me a list of about 50 of their top keywords and phrases based on their best guess and some competitor research. I used some of them on the first video we syndicated to test results. We grabbed the first four positions on page one of Google within the first day. Great, right?
Not really. I went back and did more in-depth traffic volume research on the keywords we used and discovered that there was NO search volume on those words. Zero, zip, nada. Bummer, dude.
Once you know which keywords have reasonable search volume and reasonable competition then you can use them with your videos to dominate the search results. This will help you get your content on page one of Google where your prospects can see it and drive more highly targeted, higher converting traffic to your website.